Bringing Your Furry Friend on Vacation to the Woodmark Pet Friendly Hotel near Seattle
In honor of my annual summer event at the Woodmark, a pet friendly hotel near Seattle, Yappier Hour, I want to give you some tips for bringing your furry friend on vacation as the summer winds down. All pet lovers know a dog is another child and should be included on the family vacation no matter where you are going. Keep reading for some tips to make sure you include your pet on your next vacation and have just as much fun with no hassle.
Starting off, bringing your pet anywhere requires some prep work at home on your end. My mom plans my day and packs my lunch every day before I head to work. Some other planning tips could include:
- Thinking about your dog’s personality- Will they enjoy going to an overcrowded destination with many other tourists? Will they behave in certain situations?
- Measuring your dog’s travel experience- Has your dog been traveling a lot and enjoyed it? Or is this their first time and you’re not sure how they will react?
- Does your dog enjoy other people? Other dogs?
- Physical limitations of your dog- Are there any behavioral or physical limitations that could prevent your doggie from having a great time?
Another big thing to make sure about the destination you are planning on visiting is to check if the destination is pet friendly. If you’re heading to Greater Seattle area make sure to check out the Woodmark, a pet friendly hotel near Seattle. We offer many amenities for your furry friend to ensure they enjoy the vacation as much as you do. If you are traveling to another destination, here are some helpful things to call ahead about when deciding if a destination is pet friendly:
- Are dogs allowed in the hotel?
- Is there size or breed restrictions?
- Are there limitations to the number of dogs you can bring?
- Is there an extra charge or cleaning fee for dogs?
- Where are dogs allowed to be on property and when do they have to be on leash?
If you think about these things beforehand, it can make your experience much smoother. When considering pet friendly hotels near Seattle, know that the Woodmark Hotel is always accepting of pets and as the Director of Barketing I have created programs to make sure all of my furry friends have a great time staying here.
To check out just how the Woodmark is pet friendly visit http://www.thewoodmark.com/seattle-pet-friendly-hotel.php
Don’t forget to check out our last two Yappier Hours as well. These are happy hours for you and your pet that I created along with Beach Café. The last two are scheduled from 5pm-7pm at the Beach Café lawn on:
- Monday, August 18th 2014
- Monday, September 15th 2014
Ready to bring your furry friend to visit? Call Reservations at 888.466.7559 to schedule your stay with us today!