Give Your Waist a Break: Top Five Things to Look for When You’re Out to Eat near Seattle
When we go out to eat, most of us accept we won’t be eating very healthy for that meal. This is what many call a “cheat meal”, but honestly it can turn to a “cheat day” or even longer if you’re not careful. We encourage our patrons to enjoy their dining experience, but also be mindful of their health when eating out near Seattle. This is why I have put together a list of the top ten things you should always look for when eating out. If you’re near Seattle, our menu has many of these options built in.
Here is the list to help you make your next time dining out a healthy experience:
5. Forget the high fat appetizers
- Onion Blossoms, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Cheese Fries, and Shrimp Cocktail among many others may sound healthy but can definitely be avoided. Instead, try plant based appetizers for fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
4. Look for dishes with lean protein
- These will help satiate your appetite and keep your portion control correct. These include fish, beans, chicken, and lean pork. This can be in your appetizer or entrée.
3. Avoid Creamy Dips, Especially Mayo Based
- Try to avoid the creamy dips altogether. Also, always try to dip veggies rather than crackers or bread to receive much more nutritional value from the dish.
2. Eat only ½ to ¾ or the oversized portions and take the rest home for later
- Have you ever looked at serving sizes? Almost nothing is presented in its actual serving size anymore. Even big portions of healthier food can be counterproductive. Eat some of the portions given and save the rest for later.
1. Most importantly…Plan Ahead!
- Try to research the restaurant you are going to before you arrive to see the menu and options they have. If you’re planning on going out near Seattle check out our menu here http://www.thewoodmark.com/bin-on-the-lake/carillion-point-restaurant-menus.php.
All in all, going out to eat is a time to enjoy not worrying about your choices the entire time. If you plan ahead that it will be your “cheat meal,” go ahead and enjoy yourself! When you’re near Seattle, check out bin on the lake for a chance to be healthy and enjoy a meal out. We can help you do both!
Ready to go out for a meal near Seattle? Make reservations at bin on the lake here http://www.opentable.com/bin-vivant-reservations-kirkland?rid=23584&restref=23584