9 Ways to Indulge in Fall
The air is growing crisp, the leaves are changing colors and the sun is setting earlier. Summer has quickly turned into fall in Washington. Washington is a great place to be for fall, with all the fall festivals, pumpkin patches, orchards, and ways to take in the season. There is something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some ways that you can embrace fall to the fullest:
- Take a Staycation: Savor a weekend away and enjoy the flavors of fall. Bundle up in a cozy sweater and take in Lake Washington. Explore the surrounding area and let the beauty of nature sweep you away!
- Pick Pumpkins: Enjoy hayrides and apple cider and find the perfect pumpkin to decorate your front porch. Make it an all-day activity and visit a pumpkin patch that has a corn maze and other fall festival activities. We recommend either Remlinger Farms, Bob's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, or Fox Hollow Farm.
Image: Fox Hollow Farm
- Visit an Apple Farm: This activity is great for families. With orchards all over Washington State, you can make it a day trip or a weekend away. Bring the apples home & create a new fall recipe. We recommend The Farm at Swan's Trail in Snohomish.
Image: The Farm at Swan's Trail
- Go on a Hike: Pick from one of the many trails in the Pacific Northwest. Get out and enjoy the scenic foliage and the crisp fall air. Visit Washington Trails Association to find the right hike for your level & interests.
- Celebrate Oktoberfest: This is a fall favorite! All around the state, you can find an Oktoberfest that is filled with food, drinks and fun. From Kirkland (this upcoming weekend!) to Leavenworth, this is an event you won't want to miss.
Image: Kirkland Views
- Try Beer or Wine Tasting: Breweries and wineries all around Washington bring out new flavors for fall. They also host fall festivals with lots of great food, music, and of course, beer and wine! We recommend Elysian Brewing, Pike Brewing Company, DeLille Cellars, JM Cellars, and Chateau Ste. Michelle
- Try a Fall Farmer's Market: Pick up fresh flowers to bring fall colors into your home. Add fresh ingredients for the recipe you've been wanting to try. We recommend the Kirkland Wednesday Market (through September), or the Ballard Farmer's Market (year-round).
- Cruise to a Husky Game: University of Washington football fans will love this activity. Join in on the fun and take the boat to a Husky football game!
- Support the Seahawks: Cheer on with the 12th Man at CenturyLink field! This is a unique Seattle experience and is a great way to experience some of the culture in our city.