Winter Weddings Don’t Have to Cool Down Your Love
The summer has ended which means cooler temperatures are coming to Seattle. This doesn’t mean however that having a winter wedding at the Woodmark, a Seattle wedding venue, will be any less beautiful than a summer ceremony. We have some tips for you to make sure your Seattle wedding venue is set to be beautiful this winter.
To really get the feel of a winter wedding, you have to reinvent your Seattle wedding venue to really reflect the winter season. Here are 5 tips from our Woodmark team for how we transform our Seattle wedding venue:
- Change the wedding colors: we all know red and green is the sign of the season but overdo it and it can take away from the special day. Try some silver and white to really enhance the beauty and glamour of the venue. We even had a bride and groom take silver ornaments as their bouqet!
- Step outside the flower box: put down the typical holiday flowers (red roses, amaryllis, etc.) and consider some fuller flowers instead. Try adding a little sparkle too by wrapping the stem in some ribbon.
- Step up the invitation: Winter ceremonies usually call for a more formal invitation because of the time of year. Stick the frosted silver color and some hand written calligraphy for a nice personal touch.
- Bring something new front and center: Instead of the classic candle centerpiece, think about using ice sculpted vases to fit with the winter theme. Our Seattle wedding venue is partners with Creative Ice, who live up to their name for all your ice sculpting needs.
- Lastly, do your guests a favor: Instead of the traditional wedding favor truffles, give them a small bag of chocolate covered strawberries or roasted chestnuts to stay with the season.
Ultimately, no matter the season, this day is all about you and your significant other. Our team wants to make that day as special as possible no matter what you want. Let your love heat up the winter and call our Catering team today at 206.496.0674 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.