Explore the Woodmark Hotel and the surrounding areas of beautiful Washington State. Our convenient Kirkland, WA location offers luxury hotel accommodation near Seattle, Bellevue, Woodinville and Redmond.
CURRENTLY Partly Cloudy66 °F
Interactive Resort Map
Top 5 Summer Activities in Bellevue
Have I mentioned yet that we are so lucky to be situated where we are?! Really truly, this spot on the gorgeous Lake Washington is the perfect temperature. And by temperature, I mean the perfect balance from exploring and retreating. If you want to disconnect from obligations, turn off the phone and just be here in the hotel…that is very easy and possible. And if you want to plan a girls night out, that is very easy and possible too! Dependent on availability, our shuttle can take you and your party within a four mile radius – which takes you to two different cities and when you want to catch up on your rest, do it in your room with a view of the lake! And I must continue with our summer guide activity with five wonderful things to do in Bellevue – a city that is less than 10 minutes away and a bike ride that is less than five miles away.
TOP FIVE ACTIVITIES IN BELLEVUE
- Yogurtland – I don’t remember when frozen yogurt rose right next to the deliciousness of ice cream, but I am thankful it did! We have been experiencing some hot weather (for the PNW that is) and I must say sometimes, an iced coffee just doesn’t do “it.” Yogurtland is located right next to Bellevue Square (we will get to that one in a little bit) and when you walk inside the cool air washes over you like a wave on a hot beach. “Ahh…so refreshing.” We say the same thing. Colorfully decorated cups are waiting to be picked up and filled with scrumptious flavors of frozen yogurt. There are a lot of choices, you can choose flavors that are sweet, savory, or plain. There is a flavor to please the taste buds of the whole family! My favorite part is picking out the toppings, you do it all! “An extra scoop of crumbled Oreos?” Sure! “Oh, but the sprinkles, do I have room?” Of course you do! Once you are content with the presentation of your handcrafted frozen yogurt, weigh the cup and pay. And you, my friend, will be on your merry way! But don’t sit yet…walk over to the….
- Bellevue Park –What a park! Once you find it (it’s not hard at all, walking from Yogurtland is rather close) you’ll be amazed at how many different activities you can do in one spot! Consider #2, a deal! We at the Woodmark have got your back. Let’s start with the activities that are best for families and young kids. Not only is there what feels like acres of green area there is a beautiful playground just for the kids. And by that, I want to mention it is a playground for kids of all ages! This park has monkey bars, slides, things you swing on and climb, and a soft ground for the occasional moment of imbalance. It truly is a wonderful place for even the parents to join in and play too, or even sit on the surrounding benches and relax. If you are on a solo trip, be it business or leisure, the park is incredible for a nice run, but if you are like me, it’s perfect for a fast walk or slow jog. The sounds of the fountain right next to the lightly graveled path will keep you motivated and attune to the beautiful natural sounds that can often times be lost in a busy city. But here at the park, it is a sanctuary to hear the feet of crows skipping across the ground in front of you, the flapping of the birds wings, and the soft sounds of the wings tickling the trees’ leaves and branches. Should you find yourself with a group of friends, the grassy area in the center of the circular park is the perfect spot to set up a picnic and throw a Frisbee or kick a soccer ball back around. And now if you are a traveler like me and often forgot what seem to be the most important items, walk on over to…
- Bellevue Square – This is what you will hear most locals call “The Square.” You will find all your needs here and find ‘wants’ that you didn’t even know existed! I don’t want to call this your typical mall because with the interior redesign and the third floor dedicated to children…it is pretty special. This activity, like the Bellevue Park, can be enjoyed by all. From the big brand names like Nordstrom and Macy’s to stores that can be enjoyed solely by the children to Tesla that does indeed have the latest model in the store. Bellevue Square is the place to purchase essentials and even items on the wish list, it is a one stop shop for all. And if you’re hungry or thirsty there are a multitude of shops to put the pep back in your step. Lincoln Square – A sky bridge walk away is Lincoln Square where there are phenomenal places for Happy Hour (lunch and dinner) such as Earl’s, Palomino, McCormick and Schimck’s, Maggianos, and so much more! You can even take the escalators, stairs or elevators to the third floor where you can enjoy the Lincoln Square Cinemas for a wonderful movie and a big bucket of buttery popcorn. Or if you are not feeling a movie, you can certainly go bowling at Lucky Strike where after 10 PM it turns to a venue for only 21 & up guests. There are plenty of engaging activities at Lincoln Square to enjoy and participate. Should you want to enjoy more things outside, located right off of main street is…
- Bellevue Botanical Gardens – This is a true sanctuary, taking gifts made from nature and humans staging a beautiful garden that allows guests on the path to get as close as can be. You’ll feel inspired to start your own garden, anytime I visit, I truly believe that I have a green thumb. You’ll be in awe of the beauty that can be found in the midst of a busy city and you’ll feel motivated to create a garden of your own. And from personal adventures of thumb that isn’t always ‘green’ start with a succulent teehee.. Should you follow this itinerary or find new activities along the way, dinner time should be just about now and I recommend you walk over to…
- Daniel’s Broiler – Located on the 21st floor of Bellevue Place, it is an absolutely incredible restaurant that has been around for years. If you choose to splurge, Daniel’s will always provide an extraordinary level of service and bring out food that will have you eating slowly and savoring each bite. Since the weather has been excellent, I recommend you sit outside of the patio (either on the bar side or restaurant side) fro the patio you can see Seattle and Lake Washington, see all parts of Bellevue and see the sun set from the 21st floor. There are even shades that you can pull down should the sun get in your eyes and when the sun sets, the servers turn on the outdoor heaters to keep you comfortable while enjoying your meal. I will share with you one of my most treasured secrets…the coconut sundae dessert is a must have! Personally, I do not like coconut but I absolutely adore this dessert. And always get a large! You will be blown away by how tasty this dessert is…I won’t go into too much detail because this blog might not ever end.
Check back in on Thursday for the Top 5 Things to do in Redmond! Do you have any favorite spots to visit while you are in Bellevue? We would love to hear in the comments!