Did you know we are lucky enough to produce fresh, pure honey from our very own Italian honeybees? Nearly eight months ago the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland introduced a buzz-worthy program called ‘Bee on the Lake’. With the installment of nearly 180,000 Italian honeybees just steps from Carillon Point, we have the luxury of enjoying this versatile ingredient in more ways than we imagined possible. For now, we are utilizing our honey in several savory dishes at bin on the lake, but plan to incorporate this sweet element into several outlets and amenities at the Woodmark Hotel on Lake Washington.
We are excited about the possibilities our honey will bring in 2013. To spread the excitement about our own locally-sourced honey, we would like to share several benefits of this natural ingredient. Not only does honey have the natural ability to sweeten up just about any dessert, it also is an excellent resource for your skin/beauty regimen. As a natural antioxidant, honey can help protect your skin from sun damage, rejuvenate and cleanse, and help your skin to retain a youthful appearance. Honey is antibacterial and has the ability to absorb and retain moisture. Try these simple, at-home remedies as an easy way to enhance your skin or hair.
- Try a simple honey-oats facial scrub. This mixture is perfect to exfoliate and soften your skin, in addition to a deep cleanse. Combine the following ingredients and massage gently onto the face. Rinse with warm water.
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon finely-ground Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Dry Oatmeal
- Splash of Lemon Juice to cleanse or a Tablespoon of Yogurt to soothe
- If you have dry skin, especially in these winter months, try adding ¼ cup of honey to your hot bath. This simple addition will leave your skin extremely silky and moisturized.
- To revitalize your scalp and hair, try an olive-honey hair conditioner. Massage your hair and scalp with the following ingredients and enjoy silky, healthy hair. After applying this conditioner, cover with shower cap and let sit for at least 25 minutes.
- ½ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
Although honey is a natural ingredient, consult with your doctor or one our highly trained estheticians from Northwest Face Spa to ensure maximum results with these at-home remedies.